0 Comment(s) 3039 View(s) Steroid Profiles
Overview and History of TESTOMED P 100 (Testosterone Propionate)
TESTOMED P 100 (Testosterone Propionate) is one of the many esterified variants of Testosterone available. It is an injectable compound with a slower rate of release than un-esterified Testosterone, although with a faster rate of release than all other esterified forms commonly available. This is so because of the larger Propionate ester being attached to the Testosterone molecule. This augments the release rate and half-life of Testosterone to that of a faster release than other common esterified variants, such as very popular Testosterone Enanthate or Testosterone Propionate. Testosterone is un-esterified hormone and holds a very short half-life, making its use very inconvenient and impractical. The Propionate ester expands Testosterone’s half-life to that of 4.5 days. Testosterone itself is known as the most natural, safest, the most versatile and flexible anabolic steroid.
Testosterone Propionate was invented in 1935. Shortly afterward, German manufacturer Schering AG began manufacturing and releasing on the market the very first Testosterone Propionate product under the trade name Testoviron, which is still a very popular brand name. Testosterone Propionate was the very first esterified variant of Testosterone hormone and is the oldest used esterified form of Testosterone.
TESTOMED P 100 (Testosterone Propionate) was widely used for various medical treatments shortly after its release. These included: treatment for male androgen deficiency, treatment for sexual dysfunction, treatment for menopause, treatment for chronic dysfunctional uterine bleeding (menorrhagia), treatment for endometriosis, and many additional countless medical applications.
Chemical Characteristics of TESTOMED P 100 (Testosterone Propionate)
Basically, TESTOMED P 100 (Testosterone Propionate) is simply Testosterone with the Propionate ester bound to the Testosterone chemical structure. ‘Propionate’ is Propionic acid, but once bound to Testosterone it is properly referred to in chemistry as an ester bond (or ester linkage). Propanoic acid is bonded to the 17-beta-hydroxyl group on the Testosterone structure.
Esterified anabolic steroids are more fat-soluble, and release slowly from the injection site. The primary reason for the augmentation of its half-life and release rate is because once TESTOMED P 100 (Testosterone Propionate) enters the bloodstream, enzymes work to break the bond between the ester and the hormone, which takes a varying amount of time. The end result is that the ester is removed from the hormone by enzymes, and what is left is pure Testosterone that is free to do its work in the body. This particular process of enzymes cleaving off the ester from the Testosterone molecule is what is responsible for the slower release rates. Testosterone alone with no ester bonded to it possesses a half-life of approximately 2 – 4 hours. After the Propionate ester is attached to it, creating Testosterone Propionate, the half-life of Testosterone is now extended to 4.5 days, providing a slower release and activity of the hormone.
Properties of TESTOMED P 100 (Testosterone Propionate)
TESTOMED P 100 (Testosterone Propionate) traditionally considered among athletes and bodybuilders that it is better to use for cutting and fat loss phases, and many claimed that it provided less water retention than other esterified forms of Testosterone. This is not so and resulted from a misunderstanding. Some people are developing improper conclusions which are not based on any proper scientific reasoning. As we know, the Propionate ester (or any ester affixed to Testosterone) is always broken off by enzymes in the body, after which 100% pure bio-identical Testosterone is left as a result. This Testosterone is then free to do its job in the body, and this occurs with all esterified forms of Testosterone. The only possible augmentation that esterification has to Testosterone’s properties/effects are on its half-life and rate of release.
TESTOMED P 100 (Testosterone Propionate) Side Effects
People who are skeptical about using a steroid for long-term use might want to consider testosterone, especially the propionate version of it due to its effectiveness for long durations as a highly bioavailable steroid. TESTOMED P 100 (Testosterone Propionate) provides a high level of focus and aggression with standard dosages and is relatively lax as far as side effects are concerned. Anyway, there is still the possibility that side effects can appear, for example:
- Estrogenic Side Effects: gynecomastia (a very common symptom in men as a result of the estrogenic imbalance), bloating, increased variance in emotional capacity (i.e. getting emotionally loud, demonstratively upset more often, a whole host of other problems). Aromatase inhibitor (AI) will help reduce your serum estrogen levels, which is important if you want to actually reduce how much estrogen you have in your body. With a SERM, it serves as a way of blocking testosterone from binding to the enzyme that converts the testosterone into estrogen.
- Androgenic Side Effects: individuals can use compounds like Proscar or Dutasteride to deal with androgenic effects commonly found in DHT. Aside from male pattern baldness, oily skin, irritation, enlarged prostate, and acne are also the side effects one can experience with DHT.
- Testosterone Suppression Side Effects: one of the most important side effects users should be aware of is the concept of the shutdown. A shutdown is what happens whenever you introduce a very powerful androgenic compound to your body –the body reads the introduction of the substance and shuts down its testosterone production. Instead of the natural production of Testosterone hormone, your body allows you to inject yourself with the exogenous hormone. This can work for very short durations, for example, if you're running a very strong blast cycle of steroid, but this is not sustainable for a long period of time. What happens is your body can undergo a very troublesome period called hypogonadism, wherein the body stops producing testosterone naturally. When you're done with your cycle, you have to do PCT or post-cycle therapy. Meaning you’ll have to use an AI to reduce the estrogen levels in your body and take HCG, which is a naturally produced hormone that stimulates your testes to produce testosterone. If a user fails to follow this advice, that could end in the necessity of taking TRT (testosterone replacement therapy) level doses for life in order to recalibrate testosterone production.
- Hepatotoxic Side Effects: use of androgenic compounds can also be harmful to the health of the liver. The cells in your liver are the cells in your body that take the longest to regenerate, meaning that if you do permanent damage to these cells, your liver may have to be transplanted. With TESTOMED P 100 (Testosterone Propionate) you do not have to worry about liver toxicity. If you were injecting the substance, you would bypass the liver altogether. Numerous studies have shown that TESTOMED P 100 (Testosterone Propionate) is not at all hepatotoxic.
- Cardiovascular Effects: it should be outlined that with any androgenic compound that you use, it is possible to see a shift in your cholesterol levels. It can also affect your blood pressure. The main reason for this effect is correlated with the feedback that you can see with Estrogen levels dropping. Estrogen is very important because that is ensuring you have proper cardiovascular levels. With it in place, you have to understand that your cardiovascular system will be in check. That is crucial that you don’t completely murder your Estrogen levels with an AI. Rather than totally trying to phase out the Estrogen in your system, consider a smaller dose to reduce it slightly, as this will ensure that you can properly engage in using the androgen without compromising your cardiovascular health. Maintaining a good diet and promoting cardiovascular exercise is a good help and a great way to get rid of negative effects, you may get in terms of cardiovascular health.
TESTOMED P 100 (Testosterone Propionate) Administration and Uses
TESTOMED P 100 (Testosterone Propionate) should be administered frequently due to its short half-life. Being a short-acting testosterone variant, it is injected intra-muscularly deep into the muscle using a minimum 5"8 or 1-inch sterile needle. It is very important that care is taken when injected IM. Sterility is important, new needles, barrels, and syringes must be used as an alcohol swab. For low testosterone treatment, doses of 50mg are used three times per week or every other day (EOD). TESTOMED P 100 (Testosterone Propionate) is not a common use for hypogonadism due to the high amount of regular injections.
Endocrinologists prefer longer estered Testosterone compounds such as Testosterone Enanthate and Testosterone Cypionate as they’re administered twice per week or weekly in doses of 100-150mg for low testosterone treatment. For performance enhancing, TESTOMED P 100 (Testosterone Propionate) is injected 50-100mg every other day, or in larger doses, if the athletes or bodybuilder is more experienced.
As a base of a steroidal cycle, TESTOMED P 100 (Testosterone Propionate) can be used to replace endogenous testosterone, or as a performance enhancer itself. As a performance-enhancing drug (PED), 100mg every day is suggested in combination with an AI or SERM to control estrogenic side effects. Aromasin at 25mg every day or Arimidex 1mg every other day would be advised to keep estrogen levels in normal ranges.
TESTOMED P 100 (Testosterone Propionate) can be stacked with 17aa oral anabolic steroids such as DIANAMED 10 (Methandienone), WINIMED 10 (Stanozolol), and ANAVAMED 10 (Oxandrolone). This exogenous testosterone injectable could also be used together with TRENBOMED A 100 (Trenbolone Acetate), NPP or other short-acting anabolic steroids like Winstrol Depot.
Chemical info / Information
Chemical Name: 4-androsten-3-one-17beta-ol, 17beta-hydroxy-androst-4-en-3-one
Molecular Weight: 288.42 g/mol
Original Manufacturer: Schering
Elimination half-life: 4.5 days
Detection Time: 2 weeks
Anabolic Rating: 100
Androgenic Rating: 100